Dave Asprey has become renowned in the biohacking world. Thanks to his pioneering work towards eternal youth and optimal well-being through targeted supplementation.
He has become an authority on enhancing human performance & longevity. He devoted himself to unlocking one’s fullest potential, and this movement combines novel techniques for anti-aging treatments .
Through tireless efforts, he created a unique lineup of products that promises to help people reach their goals faster than ever before. Qualities like retaining excellent cognitive function along with other benefits have been attained by trying these supplements [2, 3].
Read on to discover the secrets behind Dave Aspreys' anti-aging philosophy and explore the principles seamlessly integrated within the regimen, bringing you closer to optimal health and longevity!
Who Is Dave Asprey?
Dave is also known as “The Father of Biohacking.” Dave has spent millions of dollars over the past two decades to take control of his body and to awaken the super-human in every human being .
He is the author of the New York Times best-selling book; “The Bulletproof Diet” and founded the company “Bulletproof 360,” which produces products like bulletproof coffee, supplements, and many other foods .
Dave is also a famous media personality, hosting a world-famous health podcast, “Bulletproof Radio.” .
Understanding Biohacking and Performance Optimization
Biohacking refers to using science, technology, and lifestyle modifications to optimize human performance and improve overall well-being.
It involves systematically experimenting with various interventions to enhance physical and cognitive abilities, promote longevity, and achieve optimal health .
Just like a hacker hacks a computer's operating system and breaks its limitations to get his desired results, biohacking is hacking the operating system of the human body to enhance its outputs. Therefore, it is also known as human augmentation or human enhancement.
The question arises; Why do people want to hack their bodies?
Some people do not feel okay with traditional exercises and medications to fulfill their concerns. Some want to explore the peak performance of their body. At the same time, others do it to halt the aging process and to live a longer life.
How does Biohacking Work?
Biohacking is not just a single technique you add to your life, and BOOM! Everything becomes optimized. It involves changing the complete lifestyle, diet, and environment.
There are many concepts to optimize performance through biohacking, and some of them are listed below:
Nootropics: Nootropics are a diverse drug group that enhances human memory, learning, and thinking abilities. They give you a feeling of well-being.
They improve the human body's cognitive ability by increasing neuronal cell metabolism. Therefore, they are also called “smart drugs” . Synthetic nootropics are the ones that are made in labs—for example, Choline, citicoline, Vitamin B, etc. .
Sleep Optimization: An adequately followed sleep schedule is what most biohackers do to keep their mind at ease and healthy to perform extraordinary tasks.
Nutrigenomics: It refers to the study of the effect of nutrition on human genes and analyzing the factors that protect genes from damage. According to Dave Asprey, biohacking through diet control is the most innovative way to control your body. “The Bulletproof Diet Roadmap” shows what to add to your diet and what not to .
Intermittent fasting: It is also a very prevalent practice among biohackers. Twitter’s ex-CEO, Jack Dorsey, promotes intermittent fasting, eating only once daily and fasting for the rest of the day .
Implanting Devices in the Body: Some biohackers take biohacking to the extreme and convert themselves into cyborgs. They implant chips, sensors, magnets, or micro-computers under their skin. They do this to be more efficient and fast in their daily lives .
Genetic Engineering: Some scientists go beyond the limits and interfere with genes to optimize the human body's output. For example, they use genes to have a muscular body without going to the gym. Dave Asprey is also a part of this practice. He had many stem cell implants in every joint .
Exercises and Movements: Regular activities are crucial to a healthy and fit body. Biohackers follow strict target-based exercise plans to optimize their body performance.
28 Anti-aging supplements Dave Asprey takes
Resveratrol is a key ingredient in Dave Asprey's arsenal of supplements. It contributes towards cardiovascular health, supports reducing inflammation, plus aids protection against age-related illnesses.
Resveratrol- an active ingredient ideally found in dark chocolate, a specified selection of fruits, and red wine possesses high levels of antioxidants.
Typically, supplementation with resveratrol ranges from 150 to 500 milligrams per day .
With various research studies highlighting its beneficial effects, resveratrol is a compelling addition to any biohacking regimen.
NR (Nicotinamide Riboside), belonging to the vitamin B3 family known to increase NAD+ levels by supporting essential cell processes. It increases longevity while counteracting undesired DNA breaks that contribute crucially towards vitality and energized metabolic rate.
It works by increasing energy production processes and vital restorations applied once consumed regularly.
Among Dave Asprey's wide range of biohacking supplements, Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) holds remarkable properties. NR enhances vitality by promoting longevity while counteracting DNA damage in the body.
It boosts energy production processes while facilitating essential restorations, making it a compelling supplement choice if you want optimal well-being.
The recommended dose typically falls between 100-300 milligrams; however, an individual's requirements can differ based on age or current health status .
Research explains numerous possible benefits involving human health, with primary spots focusing on Energy metabolism & Longevity management.
Researchers have expressed that NR supplementation may help protect against age-associated cognitive decline while improving brain functions.
NAD+ boosters contain compounds besides NR boosting cellular well-being and promoting metabolic rate. Asprey supplements, they considered an important way of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The recommended dosage of NAD+ boosters may vary depending on individual factors such as age, health status, and specific goals.
Numerous research studies have illuminated the potential impacts of NAD+ boosters on human health. A particular area of inquiry explores their influence on longevity.
Previous investigations have linked elevated NAD+ levels to extended lifespan in multiple organisms, indicating a possible function in encouraging well-being during aging .
CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) obtaining characteristics via energy production in cellular structure acting as antioxidants contributes towards support for cardiovascular health. It is popular among general wellness contributing elements focused on other dietary requirements for optimal well-being.
It is a crucial element within Dave Asprey's selection that is paramount in supporting cardiovascular health. Its impact derives from its ability to produce cellular energy structures while exhibiting antioxidant properties, making it a popular choice supplement suitable not just for cardiovascular function.
Incorporation of CoQ10 into one's diet enables optimal use of cellular energy while ensuring peak cardiovascular performance along with support towards general wellness.
Dosages depending on specific factors like age, current medical status, or unique health goals, generally range between 100-300 milligrams daily .
Research studies conducted concerning human health find improvements in endothelial function, blood pressure regulation, and heart muscle contractility, making CoQ10 an ideal supplement for sought-after general well-being targets .
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids provide key nutrients obtained through high-quality fish ideal for Brain functionality rejuvenation. It also supports maintenance surrounding aging joints, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), with desired anti-inflammatory properties aiding against inflammation.
Even as you grow older, maintaining good joint health can be easily aided by incorporating omega-3 fatty acids into your diet regimen. These fats possess potent anti-inflammatory properties that fight joint inflammation or stiffness.
To determine how much omega-3 one would need to consume regularly, an assessment may need to consider variables such as an individual's age range, overall physical fitness, or other factors.
American Heart Association suggests that they be consumed at least twice a week, about 500 milligrams of EPA and DHA combined .
Many types of research have proven omega-3 FA's usefulness in promoting good health, most significantly in sustaining an improved cardiovascular system by reducing blood pressure and maintaining fat levels.
It is among the compounds naturally found in our bodies, providing significant cell support. Asprey incorporates antioxidants in his daily dietary regimen to strengthen one's defensive mechanisms from oxidative stressors.
Glutathione is essential in fighting Oxidative stress, also known as a "master antioxidant" because of its potency in combating harmful free radicals. Glutathione supports overall cell function and health for people struggling with low natural glutathione production due to aging or chronic illness.
Determining appropriate dosages of glutathione relies on individual factors such as age, health status, and specific health goals.
Glutathione supplementation options range from oral supplements to intravenous treatment under medical provisions. One can also choose to use precursors like N acetylcysteine (NAC) aiming towards supporting their own glutathione production.
Researchers have conducted various studies that explore Glutathione's promising impact on emerging health aspects related to research .
Studies depict how Glutathione supports liver function by protecting against liver damage & easing detoxification processes.
It would be important for those living with respiratory challenges like asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease(COPD) - since it assists in reducing inflammation & improving lung function via countering oxidative stress .
Moreover, as a potent antioxidant, glutathione has potential anti-aging benefits counteracting free radicals associated with the aging process.
Curcumin is mainly found in turmeric, known worldwide for its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It serves as an immune system booster useful for Brain and Joint health.
Research suggests the positive impact that curcumin could have on preserving cognitive abilities in older individuals, improving memory and attention, and even reducing the risk of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's [33, 34].
The recommended dosage ranges between 500-2,000 milligrams per day through standardized extract supplements..
Further research is necessary to establish conclusive evidence regarding Curcumin's other health benefits besides what is mentioned thus far.
Asprey's careful selection of vitamins/minerals in his supplement strives to improve various body functions' effectiveness contributing significantly to overall well-being.
Since Vitamin D3 formation relies predominantly on sunlight exposure, its functional importance has led to widespread popularity due to its contribution toward bone health/cellular processes besides being able to impact the immune system significantly.
Adult individuals consume between 600 and 2000 IU daily . Research studies support incorporating Vitamin D3 into your routine as it promotes strong bones while improving immunity and decreasing the risk of chronic conditions.
Vitamin K2 aids calcium movement towards desired body-building sites like bones while preventing unwarranted build-up within non-supportive sites such as arteries and other soft tissues boosting bone/blood vessel development greatly aside from contributing to heart disease avoidance effort; a beneficial factor worth having in this supplement.
Recommended dosages typically range from 45 to 180 micrograms per day. Research studies consistently highlight the positive effects of Vitamin K2 on bone density, fracture prevention, and cardiovascular health .
With notable contributions supporting immune system functionality, healthy vision promotion, and cellular development activities, Vitamin A fortified with antioxidant potentials ought to be taken seriously, and its inclusion is well-earned in this supplement.
For proper adult maintenance, vitamin A dosage range of 700-900 mcg retinol activity equivalents (RAE) daily. Expecting mothers or those currently breastfeeding may require larger quantities for optimal efficacy .
Vigilance must be exercised when taking Vitamin A in supplement form, as excessive intake poses toxicity risks.
Research findings underscore vitamin A’s role in supporting immune function, vision health promotion, and facilitating cellular development processes among humans.
Insufficient levels increase susceptibility towards infection while hindering both visual endpoints and growth aspects.
Zinc/Copper joint action is tremendous, contributing to multiple enzymatic reactions within your body aside from providing immunity mitigation and aiding collagen productiveness, which carries oxidant protection benefits.
The recommended dosage of Zinc/Copper can vary depending on age, gender, and individual health status. A daily intake of around 8-11 mg of Zinc and 0.9-1.3 mg of Copper is adequate for most adults. It is important to note that excessive intake of these minerals can have adverse effects .
Research studies suggest deficiencies in these minerals can lead to immune dysfunction, impaired wound healing, and compromised tissue integrity.
Vitamin C's possession of significant antioxidant properties affirms its inclusion as being highly sought after in supplements while also benefiting collagen synthesis/immune system functionality/skin health/overall wellness activities, making it highly beneficial for us all.
For most adults, a daily intake of 75 to 120 milligrams is generally considered safe .
Numerous research studies have consistently highlighted its antioxidant properties. They are associated with a reduced risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and certain types of cancer.
Vitamin C may improve skin health, wound healing, and joint function as it helps in collagen production .
Pigments' contribution comes from Carotenoids such as Lycopene/Lutein act as antioxidants with high value protecting against cellular damage relevant to eye health benefits maximization, worth having in Asprey's supplement.
The recommended dosage of Carotenoids, including Lycopene and Lutein, may vary according to individual needs. It is obtained through a balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
Whey protein derived from milk's possession of essential amino acids used universally for muscle recovery/growth support elevates status in supplements, making it a beneficial/significant contributory factor worthy of inclusion here.
A common guideline says that you consume approximately 20-40 grams of whey protein per serving, either as part of a post-workout shake or as a protein supplement throughout the day .
Special mention belongs to Iodine's addition vital for thyroid hormone production/maintenance of optimal metabolism functionality.
Several people are unaware of the importance iodine plays within our bodies they realize too late when surgery becomes necessary; thus, perfecting its role within Asprey’s formula is excellent.
The recommended daily intake of iodine for adults is around 150 micrograms (mcg). Excessive iodine intake can also have adverse effects, so it is important to stay within the recommended dosage range advised by a healthcare provider .
Adequate iodine intake supports healthy metabolism, promotes optimal energy levels, and helps regulate body weight.
Krill Oil carrying omega-3 phospholipids have heart/brain health promotion-specific functions equivalent in benefits to fish oil use. It is a beneficial resource relied on by heavy Krill Oil consumers kept rooted around for added supplementation value.
Dietary intake of Krill Oil supplements may offer adequate amounts necessary to confer health benefits .
Studies indicate that when included as part of a nutritional plan, krill oil fatty acids help to regulate inflammation while supporting healthy blood pressure levels and balancing cholesterol profiles .
Crucially Omega 3 Fatty acids are essential for proper brain health and regulating mood while facilitating optimal cognitive functioning. Integrating Krill Oil into one's supplement regimen can help enhance mental performance and strengthen cognitive abilities.
Safe dosage ranges from 1000 to 1500 milligrams (mg) per day .
Magnesium plays dual roles, successfully solving biochemical and bodily function-related issues contributing significantly towards energy metabolism support and muscle relaxation/function, warranting inclusion reach Asprey made an excellent choice including here.
Magnesium carries out enzymatic reactions and involves energy production and utilization. It helps to convert food into energy and facilitates the synthesis of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) .
It's known for muscle relaxation and helps muscle contractions regulation. Adequate magnesium levels maintain healthy muscle tone and prevent muscle cramping.
For adults, the recommended dose of magnesium ranges from 310 to 420 milligrams (mg) per day .
Research has shown that magnesium supplementation can lower the risks of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome .
Methyl folate and methyl B-12
Methyl folate and methyl B-12 refer to variants of vitamins B9 and B12 that the body’s systems can efficiently process. As critical factors in cellular methylation processes, DNA formation, and nervous system functioning, these specific forms hold significant value .
They are highly bioavailable and absorbed by the body quickly, maximizing their benefits.
The recommended dosages of methyl folate and methyl B-12 depend on individual needs and health conditions.
Research studies have demonstrated that deficiencies in these vitamins may pose lead to anemia, neurological disorders, and impaired cognitive function .
An amino acid called L-Tyrosine functions as a compound fostering pre-cursors required for neurotransmitters. It improves cognitive function while managing mood stability along with stress management requirements sufficiently.
L-Tyrosine also contributes to the production of stress hormones such as adrenaline (epinephrine) and noradrenaline (norepinephrine) .
L- Tyrosine helps to maintain mood by influencing neurotransmitters called Dopamine.
The recommended dosage of L-Tyrosine varies according to individual needs.
Polyphenols are plant-based substances with extra doses of antioxidants and effective anti-inflammatory properties yet still come from dietary sources like berries into one’s food routine.
Dietary sources like berries, fruits, and vegetables contain a high content of polyphenols .
The recommended intake of polyphenols is best achieved through a balanced and varied diet.
Physicians prescribe fisetin due to its ability to maintain brain wellness along with longevity potentialities from having quality antioxidant composition prominently benefiting consumers.
The recommended dosage of fisetin can vary depending on individual needs and health conditions.
SmartMode helps enhance memory capacity while focusing significantly by increasing cognitive aptitude by ensuring lion's mane mushroom extract, bacopa monnieri herb extract, and artichoke extract form important constituents of its formula.
KetoPrime supports the ketogenic lifestyle by including oxaloacetate, boosting mitochondrial functionality while allowing cell energy generation uniquely.
Research studies have shown oxaloacetate has antioxidant properties. It helps to reduce oxidative stress in cells.
There are no set standards for its dosages, and it depends on the individual needs.
Enhancing daily energy levels is necessary, and D-Ribose can be beneficial since it plays an integral part in ATP production, ultimately creating accountability for the body's primary energy currency.
Its incorporation often facilitates higher endurance levels during any form of physical activity.
Research suggests that D-Ribose may help alleviate fatigue and muscle pain and improve overall well-being by taking part in energy production.
The recommended dosage of D-Ribose is 2-5 g each day .
Apigenin is a flavonoid present in selected plant sources such as chamomile and parsley. It contains antimicrobial properties, may support the body's immune system, and protects against certain infections, such as bacteria and certain fungi .
Research suggests that apigenin may possess anxiolytic properties by reducing anxiety symptoms. It acts on the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors in the brain and helps in regulating neurotransmitters .
There are no official recommended doses for apigenin, and it varies from person to person.
Collagen is a protein supplement that promotes and improves joint health by rebuilding tissues and elastic skin abilities. Addressing several frequent issues, this supplement will also aid in achieving overall tissue repair improvement.
Collagen also maintains elasticity and youthful-looking skin. It helps to form skin cells and maintains hydration. It can improve skin texture and reduce wrinkles, and fine lines.
The recommended dosage of collagen supplements is 2.5–15 grams daily for 8–12 weeks .
Pyrroloquinoline Quinone, or PQQ
It is a compound that functions as an effective antioxidant and also supports the maintenance of mitochondrial function.
Studies have indicated that it may have potential benefits in terms of cognitive function, cellular energy production, and brain health.
More research is needed to fully understand PQQ's benefits, the current scientific evidence is promising.
The recommended dosage of PQQ varies from person to person, however, 20mg in adults each day is usually suggested .
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR)
The supplement Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR). A form of carnitine that plays a role in energy metabolism. Studies have suggested that ALCAR may improve mitochondrial and cognitive health, enhance memory, attention as well as mood regulation in older adults.
The recommended dosage of ALCAR is 1.5-3 g daily in adults .
Dave Asprey has incorporated this combination into his daily routine to support anti-aging objectives but it should be noted that individual requirements and sensitivities vary; consulting with medical professionals before beginning any supplement regimen is recommended.
Dave Asprey’s diet
Dave Asprey, a widely-recognized entrepreneur, and a biohacker, endeavors to incorporate a Bulletproof diet to optimize energy levels, and cognitive function, promoting overall well-being and longevity. It showcases several key principles that are central to Daves' nutrition philosophy [5 21, 22, 23]:
The diet specifically emphasizes the consumption of healthy fat sourced from grass-fed butter, ghee, coconut oil, and MCT oil. It is believed to serve twofold purposes - the sustainable, efficient source of energy & optimal brain health.
The signature of Dave Aspreys' diet relies on this unique beverage, blending high-quality coffee with grass-fed butter and MCT or coconut oil. The blend aims to enhance mental clarity, increase energy levels, and facilitate ketosis.
Quality protein sources
Animal proteins, mainly sourced from grass-fed and pasture-raised origins, are highly recommended. These include beef, lamb, poultry, and wild-caught fish (rich in essential amino acids & vital nutrients necessary for healthy living).
The Bulletproof diet encourages the intake of organic nonstarchy vegetables focusing precisely on leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables (along with a diverse range of colorful options); essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber support overall health.
Minimizing grain, legumes, and processed carb intake replaces carbohydrates with low glycemic carbs, such as sweet potatoes and varied, colorful vegetable options.
A 16-hour fasting schedule followed by an eight-hour window of consumption.
Dave Asprey incorporates in his dietary regimen to promote metabolic flexibility while potentially offering health benefits necessary for overall well-being and longevity.
As an advocate for longevity, Asprey highlights the need to incorporate supplements into his diet as essential for improving health outcomes.
The choice of minerals, vitamins, and other targeted compounds available can be tailored to meet one's individual needs - allowing comprehensive optimization of one's lifestyle.
From a toxin avoidance standpoint, prioritizing organic food sources free from pesticides and hormones comes highly recommended by Asprey himself, as does steering clear from processed foods containing GMOs (genetically modified organisms) or artificial additives- thus minimizing one's exposure to harmful toxins.
General guidelines exist on the Bulletproof Diet, but optimizing personalized results becomes easier with experimental tweaking that focuses on individual responses and preferences.
With variability specific to each individual's dietary requirements and considerations taking center stage, consulting with healthcare professionals or registered dietitians before making significant adjustments is advisable- particularly when coping with pre-existing conditions or unique medical situations.
What fasting method does Dave Asprey follow?
Dave Asprey follows a unique form of intermittent fasting that blends coffee consumption with bullet point fasting. He's known for "Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting" or "Bulletproof Coffee Fasting." Here's what Dave Aspreys's fasting method entails [24, 10, 25]:
Generally, Dave sticks to a 16:8 fasting schedule that involves consuming his eight-hour meals and fasting for sixteen hours.
During his fasting window, he drinks specific coffee blends called Bulletproof Coffee. Bulletproof coffee is made by grinding high-quality beans and mixing them with grass-fed butter alongside MCT or coconut oil. The purpose of Bulletproof Coffee is to provide him with sustained energy and mental clarity while encouraging ketosis during the fast.
Notwithstanding that Bulletproof Coffee is high in healthy fats, it contains low proteins and carbs needed to sustain metabolic benefits associated with intermittent fasting.
Limited Carbohydrate Intake
Dave avoids carbs when breaking his fast entirely to achieve optimal fat-burning results. He puts a lot of emphasis on keeping away from refined sugars and grains that trigger insulin spikes while accelerating fat-burning processes.
Dave encourages adequate flexibility within this protocol since everyone seeking personal wellness experiences unique circumstances.
It allows adjustments based on individual needs and goals, like increasing the length of the fast window or experimenting with different types of schedules to arrive at what works best.
It is important to note that multiple forms of intermittent fasting may affect people differently, before starting any particular program. It’s advisable to consult a healthcare professional or dietician who can offer personalized guidance tailored to your specific needs and concerns without any hesitation whatsoever.
Dave Asprey’s Philosophy on Aging
Dave Asprey champions an innovative approach towards aging that optimizes health outcomes while slowing down the inevitable process of growing older.
He notes that although genetics does play a role in this phenomenon, various modifications related to lifestyle factors can positively affect healthy changes at any stage of life .
Asprey recommends taking proactive steps focusing on critical areas, including nutrition, adequate sleep/exercise regimen, and stress management along with supplementing one's diet where required leading towards curbing adverse effects associated with loss due to aging .
Implementing biohacking methods by utilizing technology, scientific findings, and lifestyle adjustments catered to optimization regarding both personal health & personal performance. Ultimately individuality is key in this regard; what suits your needs, with regular experimentation.
The bottom line is by giving attention to personalized strategies, and individuals prepare to combat aging impacts while living fulfilling, productive lives despite growing older.
The widespread misconception that age denotes inevitable decline is no longer valid with adopting this perspective.
Dave Asprey’s Journey to Anti-Aging
In a recent interview about his passion for biohacking, Dave Asprey provided insights on how he started his journey into achieving optimal well-being.
During his teenage years, being overweight with disease symptoms synonymous with senior citizens led him to embark on an unwavering quest towards anti-aging throughout his life .
As an accomplished entrepreneur and renowned biohacker, Asprey brought unprecedented innovation alongside lifestyle modifications geared towards anti-aging.
Experiencing premature aging challenges manifested in symptoms like low energy levels and brain fog fueled our outstanding efforts, enabling him to explore diverse domains ranging from neuroscience to genetics to better understand factors influencing aging processes.
Asprey's most striking contribution centers upon the revolutionary "Bulletproof" model comprising unique strategies that offer an all-rounded approach towards healthy longevity enhancement through optimized nutrition practices and exercise routines alongside stress management measures.
He has shown particular interest in cutting-edge therapeutic technology designed specifically for cellular performance optimization through photobiomodulation or even Cryotherapy use, thereby enhancing longevity benefits optimally while slowing aging rates significantly.
For years now, Dave Asprey has been making significant strides in genetic testing and personalized medical care as a leading expert in his field.
According to him, understanding one's gene structure is crucial when tailoring interventions specifically to promote longevity already attainable from analyzing various genes.
Analyzing his genetic data coupled with expert advice through self-experimentation allowed him to identify specific gene variants linked closely with aging while designing tailor-made strategies proficiently numbing their impact hence promoting healthy life after that .
Through plenty of public lectures covering these topics ranging from books to podcasts listened to by thousands worldwide, Dave Asprey inspires many like-minded people towards taking preventive measures for healthy aging while addressing its underlying causes proactively using modern medical breakthroughs that curtail premature death possibilities substantially.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Bulletproof anti-aging formula?
A Bulletproof anti-aging formula is a comprehensive approach to promoting longevity and optimizing health. It includes various strategies such as diet, supplementation, exercise, stress management, and sleep optimization to support healthy aging and mitigate the effects of aging on the body.
Achieving longevity demands various approaches encompassed under anti-aging strategies, such as managing stress factors or optimizing sleep quality while practicing specific methods like intermittent fasting using Bulletproof Coffee Fasting.
What is Bulletproof Collagen Protein made from?
Bulletproof Collagen Protein is derived from grass-fed cows and is sourced from their hides.
It is a high-quality protein powder that contains essential amino acids, particularly glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline, which support the health of connective tissues, skin, and joints. Bulletproof.
Dave Asprey, a prominent figure in biohacking and performance optimization, has dedicated himself to pursuing anti-aging strategies.
His philosophy revolves around leveraging science and cutting-edge techniques to optimize health and extend longevity.
As part of his journey, Asprey incorporates a wide range of key anti-aging supplements into his regimens, such as resveratrol, NR, NAD+ boosters, CoQ10, omega-3 fatty acids, and many others.
Furthermore, Dave Asprey follows a specific diet known as the Bulletproof Diet, emphasizing high-quality fats, organic vegetables, limited carbohydrates, and intermittent fasting.
His fasting method, known as Bulletproof Coffee Fasting, involves a 16:8 fasting schedule along with the consumption of Bulletproof Coffee during the fasting window.
By understanding Dave Asprey's philosophy, supplementation choices, dietary approach, and fasting methods, individuals interested in optimizing their health and aging gracefully can gain valuable insights to support their well-being journey.
- Super Human The Bulletproof Plan To Age Backward And. context4book.com. Retrieved from, https://pqr.uiaf.gov.co/pdf/SearchResults/super%20human%20the%20bulletproof%20plan%20to%20age%20backward%20and.pdf?sid=googleScholar&v=2.1
- Chen Y, Hamidu S, Yang X, et al. Dietary Supplements and Natural Products: An Update on Their Clinical Effectiveness and Molecular Mechanisms of Action During Accelerated Biological Aging. Frontiers in Genetics. 2022;13. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3389/fgene.2022.880421
- Does The Bulletproof Diet Really Work. Fakultas Ilmu Kesehatan. Retrieved from, https://fikes.esaunggul.ac.id/ketogenic-diet/does-the-bulletproof-o0l-diet-really-work/
- Dave Asprey: The Business of Biohacking | E149 - YAP | Young and Profiting | Hosted By Hala Taha. Published January 10, 2022. Retrieved from, https://youngandprofiting.com/149-the-business-of-biohacking-with-dave-asprey/
- Dave Asprey - Bulletproof Exec and Author. Dave Asprey - Bulletproof Exec and Author. Published 2019. Retrieved from, https://daveasprey.com/
- Dave Asprey: You’re In Charge Of Your Biology. SuperHuman Academy. Retrieved from, https://superhumanacademy.com/podcast/dave-asprey-you-are-in-charge-of-your-biology/
- Biohacking: The New Science Of Optimizing Your Brain And Body. WAVWatch. Retrieved from, https://www.wavwatch.com/blog/biohacking-the-new-science-of-optimizing-your-brain-and-body
- What Is Biohacking? A Guide to Optimizing Your Body. Transparent Labs. Retrieved from, https://www.transparentlabs.com/blogs/all/what-is-biohacking
- Malík M, Tlustoš P. Nootropics as Cognitive Enhancers: Types, Dosage and Side Effects of Smart Drugs. Nutrients. 2022;14(16):3367. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu14163367
- The Complete Bulletproof Diet & Fasting Roadmap. Dave Asprey. Published June 26, 2019. Retrieved from, https://daveasprey.com/the-complete-illustrated-one-page-bulletproof-diet/
- Marr B. What’s Biohacking? All You Need To Know About The Latest Health Craze. Forbes. Retrieved from, https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2021/02/26/whats-biohacking-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-latest-health-craze/?sh=7908b0925d76
- Deac M. Super Human Summary. Four Minute Books. Published December 14, 2022. Retrieved from, https://fourminutebooks.com/super-human-summary/
- Asprey T. 31 Small Steps to Upgrade Your Life and Be Bulletproof. Dave Asprey. Published December 31, 2018. Retrieved from, https://daveasprey.com/biohacking-made-simple-31-small-steps-to-become-bulletproof/
- Monroe R. The Bulletproof Coffee Founder Has Spent $1 Million in His Quest to Live to 180. Men’s Health. Published January 23, 2019. Retrieved from, https://www.menshealth.com/health/a25902826/bulletproof-dave-asprey-biohacking/
- Everything you need to know about biohacking. Vogue India. Published June 11, 2021. Retrieved from, https://www.vogue.in/magazine-story/everything-you-need-to-know-about-biohacking/
- Budhoo S. Hack what you track with Dave Asprey and DNAfit. blog.dnafit.com. Retrieved from, https://blog.dnafit.com/hack-what-you-track-with-dave-asprey-and-dnafit
- NOVOS. What Anti-Aging Supplements Does Dave Asprey Take? NOVOS. Published December 14, 2021. Retrieved from, https://novoslabs.com/what-anti-aging-supplements-does-dave-asprey-take/
- 13 Anti-Aging Supplements to Turn You Into Benjamin Button. Bulletproof. Published December 7, 2020. Retrieved from, https://www.bulletproof.com/supplements/age-immune/anti-aging-supplements/
- Dave Asprey Supplements: Advice & Recommendations. Published October 6, 2022. Retrieved from, https://lifehackerguy.com/dave-asprey-supplements/
- Mehmel M, Jovanović N, Spitz U. Nicotinamide Riboside—The Current State of Research and Therapeutic Uses. Nutrients. 2020;12(6):1616. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12061616
- McKillop J. The BulletProof Diet: What Dave Asprey eats at home. Well+Good. Published November 30, 2014. Retrieved from, https://www.wellandgood.com/refrigerator-look-book-dave-asprey/
- What I Eat In A Day: David Asprey, Creator Of Bulletproof, Tells All. mindbodygreen. Published December 23, 2015. Retrieved from, https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/dave-asprey-diet#:~:text=On%20the%20Bulletproof%20Diet%2C%20I
- Asprey D. The Bulletproof Diet Roadmap Free Download. Bulletproof. Published January 7, 2011. Retrieved from, https://www.bulletproof.com/diet/bulletproof-diet/the-complete-illustrated-one-page-bulletproof-diet/
- Asprey T. The Ultimate Intermittent Fasting Guide for Beginners. Dave Asprey. Published August 2, 2021. Retrieved from, https://daveasprey.com/intermittent-fasting-guide-for-beginners/
- Scientifically Proven Ways Fasting Benefits the Body and Brain - An Interview With Dave Asprey. Neurohacker Collective. Retrieved from, https://neurohacker.com/scientifically-proven-ways-fasting-benefits-the-body-and-brain-an-interview-with-dave-asprey
- Resveratrol benefits, dosage, and more. www.medicalnewstoday.com. Published July 29, 2021. Retrieved from, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/resveratrol-benefits
- Reiten OK, Wilvang MA, Mitchell SJ, Hu Z, Fang EF. Preclinical and clinical evidence of NAD+ precursors in health, disease, and ageing. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development. 2021;199:111567. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mad.2021.111567
- Flowers N, Hartley L, Todkill D, Stranges S, Rees K. Co-enzyme Q10 supplementation for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Published online December 4, 2014. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.cd010405.pub2
- Rabanal-Ruiz Y, Llanos-González E, Alcain FJ. The Use of Coenzyme Q10 in Cardiovascular Diseases. Antioxidants. 2021;10(5):755. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox10050755
- Thompson M, Hein N, Hanson C, et al. Omega-3 Fatty Acid Intake by Age, Gender, and Pregnancy Status in the United States: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2003–2014. Nutrients. 2019;11(1):177. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11010177
- Pizzorno J. Glutathione! Integrative medicine (Encinitas, Calif). 2014;13(1):8-12. Retrieved from, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4684116/
- Honda Y, Kessoku T, Sumida Y, et al. Efficacy of glutathione for the treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: an open-label, single-arm, multicenter, pilot study. BMC Gastroenterology. 2017;17. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12876-017-0652-3
- Mishra S, Palanivelu K. The effect of curcumin (turmeric) onAlzheimer′s disease: An overview. Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology. 2008;11(1):13. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.4103/0972-2327.40220
- Curcumin improves memory and mood, new UCLA study says. UCLA. Retrieved from, https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/curcumin-improves-memory-and-mood-new-ucla-study-says
- Hewlings S, Kalman D. Curcumin: A Review of Its’ Effects on Human Health. Foods. 2017;6(10):92. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/foods6100092
- Drisdol, Calciferol (vitamin D) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more. reference.medscape.com. Retrieved from, https://reference.medscape.com/drug/drisdol-calciferol-vitamind-344417
- Bellone F, Cinquegrani M, Nicotera R, et al. Role of Vitamin K in Chronic Kidney Disease: A Focus on Bone and Cardiovascular Health. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2022;23(9):5282. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms23095282
- Institute of Medicine (US) Panel on Micronutrients. Vitamin A. Nih.gov. Published 2015. Retrieved from, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222318/
- Zinc Picolinate And Copper Supplements. www.thorne.com. Retrieved from, https://www.thorne.com/take-5-daily/article/supplementing-with-zinc-and-copper-a-balancing-act
- Chambial S, Dwivedi S, Shukla KK, John PJ, Sharma P. Vitamin C in Disease Prevention and Cure: An Overview. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry. 2013;28(4):314-328. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12291-013-0375-3
- West D, Abou Sawan S, Mazzulla M, Williamson E, Moore D. Whey Protein Supplementation Enhances Whole Body Protein Metabolism and Performance Recovery after Resistance Exercise: A Double-Blind Crossover Study. Nutrients. 2017;9(7):735. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9070735
- National Institutes of Health. Office of Dietary Supplements - Iodine. Nih.gov. Published April 28, 2022. Retrieved from, https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iodine-HealthProfessional/
- Sherratt SCR, Libby P, Budoff MJ, Bhatt DL, Mason RP. Role of Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Cardiovascular Disease: the Debate Continues. Current Atherosclerosis Reports. 2023;25(1):1-17. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11883-022-01075-x
- KRILL OIL: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews. Retrieved from, https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1172/krill-oil#:~:text=blood%20sugar%20closely.-
- Fiorentini D, Cappadone C, Farruggia G, Prata C. Magnesium: Biochemistry, Nutrition, Detection, and Social Impact of Diseases Linked to Its Deficiency. Nutrients. 2021;13(4):1136. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13041136
- R. Morgan Griffin. Magnesium. WebMD. Published April 16, 2008. Retrieved from, https://www.webmd.com/diet/supplement-guide-magnesium
- Schwalfenberg GK, Genuis SJ. The Importance of Magnesium in Clinical Healthcare. Scientifica. 2017;2017:1-14. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/4179326
- Łoboś P, Regulska-Ilow B. Link between methyl nutrients and the DNA methylation process in the course of selected diseases in adults. Roczniki Państwowego Zakładu Higieny. Published online 2021:123-136. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.32394/rpzh.2021.0157
- Kok DEG, Dhonukshe-Rutten RAM, Lute C, et al. The effects of long-term daily folic acid and vitamin B12 supplementation on genome-wide DNA methylation in elderly subjects. Clinical Epigenetics. 2015;7(1). Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13148-015-0154-5
- Young SN. L-Tyrosine to alleviate the effects of stress? Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience. 2007;32(3):224. Retrieved from, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1863555/
- Bertelli A, Biagi M, Corsini M, Baini G, Cappellucci G, Miraldi E. Polyphenols: From Theory to Practice. Foods. 2021;10(11):2595. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/foods10112595
- 6 Emerging Benefits of D-Ribose Supplement: Dosages & Side Effects. MedicineNet. Retrieved from, https://www.medicinenet.com/6_emerging_benefits_of_d-ribose/article.htm
- Salehi B, Venditti A, Sharifi-Rad M, et al. The Therapeutic Potential of Apigenin. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2019;20(6):1305. Retrieved from, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms20061305
- How Much Collagen a Day Is A-OK? Greatist. Published December 18, 2020. Retrieved from, https://greatist.com/health/how-much-collagen-per-day
- Contributors WE. What to Know About PQQ Supplements. WebMD. Retrieved from, https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/what-to-know-about-pqq-supplements
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage, and Warning. Retrieved from, https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-834/acetyl-l-carnitine